We are committed to providing a fully accessible environment which values and includes all pupils, staff, parents and visitors regardless of their education, physical, sensory, social, spiritual and emotional needs. We are committed to challenging negative attitudes about disability and accessibility and to developing a culture of awareness, tolerance and inclusion.
What we do to prevent pupils with disabilities from being treated less favourably:
Ox Close is committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity, prevent disable pupils from being treated less favourably and valuing diversity for all children and families.
Ox Close Primary has a path access to the main entrance. All classrooms have access for disable children. We have two disabled toilets and a selection of specialist reading and writing equipment for the children to use. We also have a disabled parking space in the school car park.
Staff at Ox Close aim to promote the involvement of all pupils with disabilities in all classroom activities. All staff are following LA and school policies and procedures to support pupils with disabilities and ensure that classrooms have a clear and accessible layout and are communication friendly environments.
We aim to:
- Offer a rich, stimulating environment in which all our pupils can grow and in which all of our pupils can grow and in which all contributions are valued and accepted.
- Celebrate the achievement of all of our children and families, regardless of ethnicity, gender, religion or disability.
- Establish close liaison with our families and regular consultation with children and parents to ensure that the needs of all children are being met.
- To ensure that pupils with a disability are able to be fully involved in school life and the curriculum and are offered the opportunity to participate in activities both inside and outside the classroom by making reasonable adjustments.
- To ensure that children with SEN have full access to the curriculum and are offered the opportunity to participate in activities both inside and outside the classroom by making reasonable adjustments.
The facilities to assist access are outlined in our Accessibility Plan which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
Our Accessibility Plan and the short, medium and long term actions, will be reviewed and adjusted on an annual basis and a new Accessibility Plan will be produced every three years.
The Accessibility Plan contains relevant actions to:
- Improve access to the physical environment of the school, adding specialist facilities as necessary.
- Increase access to the curriculum for pupils with a disability. This covers reasonable adjustments within teaching and learning, specialist aids and equipment and the wider curriculum of the school, such as after school clubs, visits etc,
- Improve the provision of information to pupils, staff, parents and visitors with disabilities. All information will be made available in various formats within a reasonable time frame.