At Ox Close Primary, all staff understand and appreciate the importance of children having high self esteem and positive emotional wellbeing. Pupils are given high levels of pastoral and social support in a variety of ways. We pride ourselves in being a happy and safe school which focuses on the emotional wellbeing and development of our pupils.
Ox Close Primary School supports children and young people with social and emotional developments through the following interventions:
- Connecting with Children – 1:1 support
- Access to Behaviour Intervention Team – access strategies to remove anxiety, develop anger management techniques and control emotional outbursts.
- Lego Therapy – to develop team building, turn taking and social interaction.
- Emotional Literacy Support – to explore emotions through story telling.
- Relaxed Kids – to develop strategies to cope with a range of emotions.
- High levels of TA support to ensure that all needs are met.
- Access to external agencies including providing direction to counselling.
EWEL Referrals – for children who need a more in-depth analysis of strategies to support their emotional wellbeing.