Curriculum Statement of Intent
At Ox Close Primary School, we want our children to aspire to follow the school’s mantra of “Be The Best You Can Be” in all aspects of life.
We aim to develop children who are skilled readers, writers and mathematicians as well as fostering a broad skill set across all areas of the wider curriculum and world. We have developed our key intentions and have used these to design and develop an ambitious Ox Close Curriculum for our children considering their interests, locality, strengths and areas to develop.
The curriculum is a working document containing carefully planned sequences of learning which is constantly being reviewed and evaluated to ensure it enriches and inspires all of our children and equips them for life in secondary school and beyond.
The Ox Close Key Intentions:
- To develop children that are articulate, thoughtful and respectful who become well-rounded global citizens.
- To develop a growth mindset, become ever more resilient, take risks and be prepared to learn from mistakes in line with the school’s mantra of “Be The Best You Can Be”.
- To develop and enhance children’s vocabulary in order to be able to access a broad range of experiences and curriculum opportunities.
- To provide the children with real life experiences that enables them to access a rich cultural capital irrespective of their starting point.
- To ensure that staff are equal learners and provide them with continuous and dynamic professional development which reflects the evolving curriculum.
- To inspire a love of reading across the curriculum which extends beyond the classroom.
- To promote the Modern British Values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
- To celebrate individuality, be fully inclusive and develop children who are accepting of others regardless of differences.
- To develop children’s confidence and self-esteem so that they can express their true feelings, informed opinions and views of the world in a respectful manner and be curious about the world in which they live.
- To support the emotional well being of children and staff.
There is further information about how we plan and assess our Curriculum in the policy below:
If you have any questions about our curriculum or the work we do in school, please speak to your child’s class teacher or alternatively, please contact the school and speak to our Head Teacher, Mr Harrison, who will be happy to help.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
At Ox Close Primary, we believe that inclusive education means providing all pupils with appropriate education and support alongside their peers. The Curriculum is all the planned activities that the school organises in order to promote learning, personal growth and development. Further information can be found in the SEN Information Report. If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.